Text My211MD to 898-211 for Basic Needs Resource Alerts

hvac_techWith fuel costs on the rise and many people struggling financially, this is one of the most common reasons people dial 2-1-1. There may be several options that could help, such as financial assistance, disconnection prevention or bill payment arrangements.

The Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP), offers a number of programs designed to help pay energy bills. You can find an application for OHEP here. The Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP), The Electrical Universal Service Program (EUSP) and the Utility Service Protection Program (USPP) can also provide assistance.

Negotiation Assistance: The Public Service Commission (PSC) regulates the rates and services for public utilities, and responds to complaints. The PSC also assists individuals with a serious illness and individuals on life-support equipment. A documented form completed by a licensed physician must be filled out and returned to PSC. Click here for the form. [***** BROKEN LINK *****]

Search the database for Utility Bill Payment Assistance in your area, or dial 2-1-1.