COVID-19 UPDATE (11/13): Frederick County has set regulations in addition to the Governor.
Effective 5pm on Friday, November 13th:
Face Coverings: All residents ages 5 and older must wear a face covering
In all indoor public spaces including tobaccoist shopes, cigar bars, vapor lounges and hookah lounges.
In all public outdoor spaces where the person is unable to consistently maintain at least 6 feet of distance from individuals who are not members of their household.
Fitness Centers: Includes health clubs, health spas, gyms, aquatic centers, and self-defense schools are limited to 25% of their maximum capacity.
Indoor and Outdoor Venues limited to 25 people or 25% of venue capacity - whichever is less
Applies to bars; nightclubs; breweries; distilleries; wine tasting rooms; event venues including but not limited to civic service clubs, private clubs, indoor agro-tourism enterprise activities; fairgrounds; farm-based alcoholic beverage tasting rooms; farm brewery tasting rooms; rodeos; auction houses; and social and private gatherings.
Wedding Venues: Applies to wedding venues on November 30 at 9 a.m.
Religious Facilities: Limited to 50% of their capacity.
Visit www.frederickcountymd.gov for more detailed information.
ENFORCEMENT: Local health officials have authority to control, close and fine unsafe facilities that are unable or unwilling to operate in a way that doesn’t help prevent the spread of the virus. Enforcement includes increasing fines starting at $250.
- Report a Business: Call: 301-600-6200 or email: FCHDBusinessInfo@frederickcountymd.gov. In subject line of email write: "COMPLAINT, Name of Business" in the subject line of the email.
- Wear face coverings in essential businesses - cloth coverings are fine.
- Limit number of customers in facility at one given time
- Limit number of customers in queue outside the establishment
- Provide employees with access to clean and sanitary restrooms stocked with soap and sanitizer
- Allow employees to wash their hands a min of every 30 min
- Require employees to wear face coverings - employers provide or make provisions for employees to obtain them
- Comply with existing state and local sanitation requirements and statutes
- Implement physical distancing measures for employees, customers, visitors
- Display appropriate signage
- Provide sanitation equipment for use on shared equipment like baskets or hand carts
- Install physical barriers between cashiers and customers where possible
Enforcement or Business Questions:
Agency: Frederick County Health Department
Languages Available: Accomodations possible.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: none.