NOTE: Offers free transportation to those who live within a 10-mile radius of the center for programs and childcare while the parent is on site.
ADULT EDUCATION - Educational services include GED Academy, Virtual School classes and English Language Learner (ELL) classes. The GED program uses GED prep computer software, GED Test Preparation books and tutoring to assist students in preparing for the GED test. Family Partnership (FP) serves as a daytime satellite location for Frederick County Public School's Virtual School. Students wishing to attend Virtual School at Family Partnership must complete an orientation at Family Partnership and register through the Virtual School Office. English Language Learners classes are available for individuals who want to improve their skills; speaking, writing, listening and reading in English.
EMPLOYABILITY SERVICES: Designed to assist the participant to build job and work readiness skills, find and maintain employment and create and complete a career goal plan. Services include:
- Career Exploration – Participants are assisted, through the use of various assessment tools and goal setting meetings, to identify their interests, values, and skills as they relate to career areas and the world of work.
- Job Readiness – Participants are provided learning opportunities to enhance interpersonal skills related to securing and maintaining employment such as the ability to cope with anger and conflict, time management, stress management, working as a team member, effective communication skills, and selecting quality childcare.
- Job Search Skills – Program activities provide assistance with the development of specific competencies in the areas of seeking and gaining employment: completing a job application, writing a resume, mock interviews, and cover/thank you letter writing.
- Job Retention Support – Services for participants who are currently working to support the continuation of successful employment.
- Computer Literacy -Participants are provided learning opportunities to enhance computer literacy. The lab is equipped to help participants to understand how Microsoft Office is used and instruction is available to learn Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint one-on-one and with software programming.
- Other Services – Information about referrals to specialized community services related to employment.
8420 Gas House Pike, Suite EE
Agency: Family Partnership of Frederick County
Languages Available: Spanish and use teleinterpretors for other languages.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Expectants and parents with children 6 weeks through 3 yrs old; youth ages 16-24 who
<br />are parenting or non parenting.