COVID-19 UPDATE: Offers grocery shopping and delivery to senior households twice a month. Provides phone calls, cards and small gifts via mail to reduce social isolation.
Provides financial assistance to seniors, aged 65+ who meet financial criteria, to help with, but not limited to:
- Purchasing physician ordered medications
- Transportation services
- In home support services
- Purchasing food, clothing, household, and or personal care items
- In home modifications and supplies
- Assistance with accessing the services available in Frederick County
- Assistance to caregivers providing care to a person aged 65+
All requests for assistance are given the opportunity to be funded. Applications are reviewed monthly.
Agency: Supporting Older Adults through Resources
Payment Description: None
Intake and Eligibility: Frederick County, MD resident, aged 65+ whose income does not exceed $2100/mo for an individual or $3000 for a couple. Will also work with family members or others providing care for someone 65+