TAX ASSISTANCE 2019:
Washington County Community Action Council - Free tax preparation for individuals who earned less than $55,000 last year. Call 301-797-4161 x133 to schedule an appointment with an IRS-certified volunteer income tax preparer. Appointments will be scheduled February 12th - April 12th. Tue & Wed:9:00AM - Noon and Thur 4PM - 7PM.
Washington County Commission on Aging - Free taxes for individuals ages 60 and older who earn less than $55,000 per year. Call 301-790-0275 x233 to make an appointment. Callers may have to leave a message, which will be returned within three business days.
Participants must bring:
•Photo identification for you and your spouse (if filing jointly).
• Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and a social security card for each family member.
• Birth dates for all family members.
• Current year’s tax package if you received one.
• W-2, W-2G, Forms for all jobs and 1099-R, from all employers.
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099, if available).
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns.
• A voided check for Direct Deposit.
• Total paid for daycare and the daycare provider's tax identifying number or Social Security Number.
• Any statements received from mortgage companies.
• If a homeowner, proof of real estate tax payment.
• Any other documents that concern income in 2016.
• If filing electronically or joint filing, both parties must be present to sign the required forms.