OVERVIEW: Provides educational, resource, and support services that empower people to transform their lives in a positive way to reach self sufficiency. Primary focus is serving the needs of low-income, homeless and near homeless individuals and families within the county.
1) FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE/CASE MANAGEMENT: Provides financial, resource and support services to adult residents for rent, security deposits, and utility shut-offs. Also assist in acquiring clothing, IDs, birth certificates, baby supplies, and other basic needs.
2) EARN WHILE YOU LEARN LIFE DEVELOPMENT CLASSES: Teaches critical life management skills to help clients function independently in the community.
3) JOB READINESS TRAINING /COMPUTER LAB: Provides professional development, job training and access to employment.
4) DRAPED WITH CONFIDENCE CAREER CLOTHING AND GUIDANCE INITIATIVE: Provides free professional clothing and training workshops to help in gaining employment.
5) MENTOR PROGRAM: Matches a mentor to a client to help each person reach their full potential.
6) GATEKEEPERS RE-ENTRY PROGRAM: See separate listing.
7) LONG TERM CASE MANAGEMENT: Provides long term support to people who need time to change bad habits to a positive outcome. To direct low income, homeless and near homeless people to transform their lives through a step by step support program.
324 East Antietam Street
Agency: Valor Ministries
Languages Available: None.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Primary focus is serving the needs of low-income, homeless and near homeless individuals and families within the county.