OVERVIEW: Provides youth development, mentoring, case management, mental health, and parent engagement.
1) YOUTH DEVELOPMENT: Offers school-based programs (in-school, after-school, and summer programs) for middle and high school students at seven Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS). Provides academic support, college/career exploration, engagement activities (arts, field trips, recreation), Student Service Learning opportunities and social and emotional skills building. Also provides parent engagement and parent English-literacy courses, and referrals for basic social services and mental health services.
2) MENTORING: Provides a soccer mentoring program to youth for recreation and teamwork skills building at school sites throughout the county.
3) CASE MANAGEMENT: Assists individuals with basic needs. Some concerns include but are not limited to food, clothing, housing and medical care. Will also assist with other safety net services.
4) MENTAL HEALTH: Provides in-house individual and family counseling, and referrals to other mental health providers.
5) PARENT ENGAGEMENT: Offers parenting skills and English literacy programs, as well as empowering families with information and skills to interact with schools and local government.
- 414 East Diamond Avenue
- Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Agency: Identity, Inc.
Languages Available: Spanish
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Disconnected youth ages 14-24 and their families.