OVERVIEW: Provides temporary, emergency shelter, health education, and financial and supportive assistance to individuals and families in Charles and St. Mary's Counties. Satellite Office at 21815-D Three Notch Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653 is open Tuesday-Thursday from 9:30AM-5PM.
1) TAX ASSISTANCE 2018: Provides assistance as a VITA tax site, open by appointment only Mon– Fri, and every other Sat until Apr 18th. Household incomes must be less than $54,000. Call during normal business hours 9:30AM-5PM CALL 1-866-293-0623 to schedule an appointment.
2) SUBSIDIES TO FAMILIES: Offers emergency assistance with utilities, prescriptions and housing.
3) HEALTHY LIFESTYLES: Educates about cancer prevention, and provides outreach and education and HIV/AIDS support services.
4) SAFE NIGHTS: Provides temporary shelter from October 1 - mid-April. Free to participants, includes transportation, housing and food (Charles County Only).
5) FOOD AND CLOTHING: Provide a daily food pantry, clothing closet, and meals throughout the day for homeless individuals.
6) DROP-IN CENTER: Provide on-site showers, laundry, warming/cooling station, mailing address, case management, and street outreach for homeless persons to access.
7) HOUSING SERVICES: Provide emergency, transitional, and domestic violence safe housing for Charles and St. Mary's families. Also provides rapid re-housing funding for Southern Maryland homeless households.
8) TRANSITIONAL HOUSING FOR MEN: Operates the Robert J. Fuller Transitional House for Men. Offers emergency and transient shelter for male Charles County residents. 301-645-2933 for application process.
9) TRANSPORTATION: Provide low to moderate income Southern Maryland residents with disabilities and seniors subsidized transportation throughout Southern Maryland and the DC metro region.
DONATIONS: Accepts clothing, household goods, non-perishable food items, and monetary donations.
- PO Box 1794
- La Plata, MD 20646
101 Catalpa Drive, Suite 103
Agency: LifeStyles, Inc.
Languages Available: American Sign Language, Spanish
Payment Description: No fee to sliding fees depending on services.
Intake and Eligibility: Southern Maryland residents. Some programs are geographic specific.
- Saint Marys County
- Charles County
- Calvert County