- The Dental Clinic is now open. Patients must call ahead and schedule an appointment to be seen at this time.
- We are asking patients not to come in if they have a cough, fever or any flu symptoms.
- To limit the health risk to our patients and staff we ask that you come to your appointment by yourself. If you need a ride we ask that they remain in their vehicle. Minor’s can be accompanied by 1 adult.
OVERVIEW: Offers dental services to qualified children and adult residents.
1) DENTAL CARE: Provides dental services to children and adult who have a valid medical assistance card with Maryland Healthy Smiles Dental Program, as well as individuals paying via sliding scale(regular cleanings not sliding scale eligible). Services include cleanings, floride treatments, sealents, restorative treatment, extractions and surgical procedures.
2) FIRST GRADE SCREENING/SEALANT: A dental team visits each elementary school and screens first time first graders and a screening report is sent home with the child. Screenings are also offered to Head Start participants.
3) FLUORIDE MOUTHWASH: Offered to 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders who attend schools in non fluoridated areas. During the school year the children swish with a .2% neutral sodium fluoride solution once a week. The program is voluntary.
4) EDUCATION SERVICES: Dental education materials and/or presentations are offered to WIC and Head Start recipients, expectant parents, and to elementary school students by teacher request.
Garrett County Health Department:
Agency: Garrett County Health Department
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: Nominal fee varies if you do not have Maryland Medical. Insurance with dental coverage, private and self pay. Payment expected at time of service.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to qualified pregnant woman, adults, children and families.