OVERVIEW: Provides a safe place for area children ages 6 to 18 to go after school and during the summer. Offers a variety of recreational activities, educational tutoring and guidance in making appropriate choices. Emphasizes values and character development for youth; educational activities attempt to instill self-reliance, leadership and civic responsibility.
The organization serves youth at seven club sites throughout Calvert and St. Mary’s counties. Provides after school programs from 3PM-7PM; a six-week summer day camp operates in each county Mon-Fri, 7:30AM-5:30PM.
1) CHARACTER and LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Includes the Keystone Club, where members ages 11 to 13 elect officers, plan and implement their own activities and community service projects.
2) EDUCATION and CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Provides a learning center dedicated to helping youth improve their study habits, do well in school, and make good life choices.
Offers CareerLaunch program for teens ages 13-18. This program includes a website that allows teens to take an interest survey, explore careers, identify training or college requirements, seek out financial aid and play skills-building games.
3) HEALTH and LIFE SKILLS: Encourages young people to engage in positive behaviors by offering prevention programs.
4) ARTS AND CRAFTS: Offers instruction in a variety of creative activities. Call for information.
5) RECREATIONAL SPORTS: Offers a variety of sports. Call for information.
6) SUMMER CAMP 2017: Camp runs from July 3 - August 11. Registration is now open and there is an "early bird price" for anyone who registers before May 31. Camp runs Monday-Friday from 9AM-4:30PM. Pre and Post Care (7:30AM-6PM) will be offered at an additional fee of $25 each per child per week.
9021 Dayton Avenue
Agency: Boys and Girls Clubs of America
Payment Description: $25 Annual Membership Fee, $25 Weekly Attendance Fee
Intake and Eligibility: Youth 5 to 18 years old. Immunization records required.
- Calvert County
- Charles County
- Saint Marys County