STATE HEALTH INSURANCE: Provides assistance in understanding health insurance benefits, bills, and client's rights, including Medicare D and Pharmacy Assistance Programs. Also offers assistance for low-income beneficiaries and community presentations. Offers in-person and telephone guidance on a wide variety of health insurance issues, such as:
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage Program (Medicare Part D),
- Medicare supplements Information (Medigap Plans),
- Assistance for disabled Medicare beneficiaries (under age 65),
- Medicare Advantage Plans (HMOs, preferred provider organizations),
- Medical Assistance programs,
- Assistance with denials, appeals and grievances,
- Billing problems, health care fraud and abuse
- Caroline County Senior Center
Agency: Upper Shore Aging
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Recipients or seekers of Medicare benefits.