NOTE: Client must be DDA approved for services 2, 3, and 4 listed below.
OVERVIEW: Provides comprehensive job search opportunities to anyone including those with disabilities
1) JOB SEARCH and RETENTION: Assists individuals looking for employment with preparing a resume, completing applications, job searches, placement and retention. Also provides on the job coaching to ensure that the employee understands and can perform his/her duties to the employer's satisfaction. Offers life skills, and job readiness training as well as work experience to individuals with little or no work experience and are unable to find or retain employment.
2) SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM: Provides job coaching assistance at the job site to individuals with developmental disabilities.
3) VOCATIONAL SERVICE PROGRAM: Provides employment services and community activities to individuals with developmental disabilities who are unable to obtain or maintain employment without ongoing support.
4) FAMILY and INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT: Provides community access in a social, educational, recreational, and/or vocational setting to individuals with developmental disabilities.
5) COMPUTER LITERACY CLASSES: Offers periodic free digital skills development classes to the community. Topic include spreadsheets, documents, and presentations, with a focus on their application to real life tasks such as budgeting, finding a job or managing a project.
NOTE: Client must be DDA approved for services 2, 3, and 4 listed above.
Agency: Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley, Inc.
Languages Available: None.
Payment Description: Some classes have fees and some programs are DDA or DORS funded.
Intake and Eligibility: Individuals and youth 16 and older with a disability or other barriers to employment. Some programs require DDA approval.
- Carroll County
- Frederick County