OVERVIEW: Offers emergency food, senior housing and advocacy services to help people get resources..
1) FOOD PANTRIES: Offers weekly distribution of fresh and canned food, as well as emergency supplies. Also has a weekly home bound delivery program.
Pantries at the following locations:
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 13500 Baden-Westwood Road, Brandywine MD. Wed & Fri, 9-11AM.
- Faith United Methodist Church, 15769 Livingston Road, Accokeek MD. Fri 10:30AM-12:30 PM.
- Mission Nutrition (Vegetable & Fruits), the third Tuesday of the month, Gwynn Park High School, Brandywine, MD - Dyson Road parking lot/cafeteria, 4-7 PM. (Call 301-372-1491 to verify dates.)
2) SHARED SENIOR LIVING PROGRAM: Provides affordable housing to low-income, able-bodied seniors.
3) ADVOCACY PROGRAM: Helps people access resources i.e., job search, transportation, help applying for benefit programs, fuel assistance, homeless prevention, mentoring, etc.
14070 Brandywine Road
Agency: Community Support Systems
Languages Available: Spanish
Payment Description: Senior Living is based on a sliding fee scale. Other services are free.
Intake and Eligibility: Pantries and advocacy program: Low-income persons and families. Senior Living: screened for health issues, able to perform the activities of daily living.
- Brandywine, Prince Georges County, 20613
- Accokeek, Prince Georges County, 20607
- Cheltenham, Prince Georges County, 20623
- Waldorf, Charles County, 20601
- Clinton, Prince Georges County, 20735
- Upper Marlboro, Prince Georges County, 20772