OVERVIEW: Promotes development of residential neighborhoods and commercial areas through loans, grants, public services, down payment resource funding and improvements to public facilities.
1) SINGLE/MULTI FAMILY REHABILITATION: Offers financial and technical support through grants and loans available to income qualified homeowners.
2) SMALL BUSINESS LOANS: Provides loan funding for growth and expansion, rehabilitation, code compliance and facade enhancement for qualified applicants.
3) RESIDENTIAL RENTAL REHABILITATION: Processes applications for the Maryland Housing Rehabilitation Program. (See separate listing)
4) HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAMS: Takes substandard houses, rehabilitates them and offers them for resale to low and moderate income buyers. Offers Community Development Building Grant (CDBG) to assist with Habitat for Humanity projects and Washington County Commission on Aging projects.
5) INVEST HAGERSTOWN GRANTS: Available to eligible business/commercial redevelopment projects located downtown or city wide in Hagerstown.
14 North Potomac Street, Suite 200A
Agency: Hagerstown Community Development Department
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Low-moderate income individuals and families. Must meet income guidelines.
- Hagerstown, Washington County