OVERVIEW: Assists families with grief resolution following the death of a child or sibling. Offers monthly self-help meetings to bereaved parents and siblings grieving the death of a child.
1) SUPPORT GROUP: Holds monthly support meetings.
Meets the fourth Monday of each month at 7:30 pm
Trinity United Methodist Church Rt. 231 East (crossover Rt. 4), Prince Frederick, MD
Contact: Carol Paschall 301-855-3068, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meets the third Monday of each month at 7:30 pm
Good Samaritan Presbyterian Church 13025 Good Samaritan Dr. Waldorf, MD
Contact: Janet Sutton 301-932-7335, email@example.com
ST. MARY'S COUNTY:
Meets the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm
First Saints Community Church (St. Paul’s) Rte 5 North, next to Leonardtown Hospital Leonardtown, MD
Contact: Brandy Tulley 240-434-8414, firstname.lastname@example.org
2) MEMORIAL PROGRAMS: Holds special memorial programs.
3) TRAINING-PROFESSIONALS: Provides workshops for school personnel and for other professionals dealing with bereaved families after the death of a child.
4) SPEAKERS BUREAU: Offers a speakers bureau for organizations, church groups, emergency and police personnel and hospital workers.
5) LENDING LIBRARY: Lends books related to bereavement.
Calvert County Group:
Charles County Group:
St. Mary’s County Group:
Agency: Compassionate Friends of Southern Maryland
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Any bereaved parent, grandparent or sibling.
- Calvert County
- Charles County
- Saint Marys County