OVERVIEW: The Lions Community Outreach Foundation is a community based non-profit organization whose primary objective is to prevent vision and hearing loss.
1) VISION AND HEARING SCREENING: Provide free vision, glaucoma, and hearing screenings at health fairs, area businesses, government agencies, educational institutions, senior centers, and other community gatherings.
2) EYEGLASSES AND HEARING AID RECYCLING: In partnership with local Lions Clubs in Maryland and DC., collects and recycles used eyeglasses and hearing aids and provides them to people in need.
3) AFFORDABLE HEARING AIDS: In partnership with the University of Maryland, we provide hearing aids, at little or no cost, to low income individuals with hearing loss.
4) VISION SCREENING FOR PRESCHOOL CHILDREN: In partnership with local Lions Clubs, we conduct free eye screenings of preschool age children for vision problems.
5) FINANCIAL AID: Through the Francis Garner Memorial Endowment Fund, we provide financial aid for vision or hearing related medical expenses to individuals who need financial assistance.
Gary L Burdette
- phone: 301-916-3098
5606 Dowerhouse Road
Agency: Lions Community Outreach Foundation
Languages Available: English
Payment Description: Free
- Charles County
- Calvert County
- Montgomery County
- Saint Marys County
- Prince Georges County