OVERVIEW: Provides youth development programs focusing on educational and recreational activities. Small group clubs are lead by adult volunteers and hosted by churches, public housing communities, businesses and school based programs.
1) YOUTH ACTIVITIES: Offers age-appropriate, small-group recreational and educational activities.
2) FAMILY ACTIVITIES: Provides opportunities for the entire family to participate in recreational and enriching activities.
3) LEADERSHIP TRAINING: Youth engage in activities that promote self-esteem, personal skill building and decision making to develop leadership qualities.
4) MENTORING: Parents, extended family members and other community members are encouraged to provide companionship and guidance for youth.
5) COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES: Youth and families are provided with an awareness of the community and its specific needs and given an opportunity to participate in the initiation, planning and execution of service projects to meet existing needs.
6) NATIONAL YOUTH CAMPAIGN: Every two years, teen leaders select an important national topic as the center of their community service efforts and plan/participate in service projects that deal with the issue in their own communities. Projects include peer mediation, legislative involvement, mentoring and tutoring programs, and community education.
7) AFTER SCHOOL: Offers early childhood, before- and after-school, full day, school-break and drop-in center programs supporting the child care needs of families. Children participate in indoor and outdoor age appropriate small group activities where they can explore personal interests, learn to make healthy choices, develop social skills, and have fun.
8) CAMPS: Provides day and overnight camps, trip and travel programs, and adventure challenge and environmental education sessions.
Agency: Camp Fire USA
Languages Available: American Sign Language, Spanish
Intake and Eligibility: Individuals 6 weeks-21 and their families
- Falls Church City County
- Arlington County
- Fairfax County