OVERVIEW: Provides assistance and advocacy to help individuals with disabilities lead independent and productive lives.
1) INDEPENDENT LIVING SKILLS TRAINING: Assists with achieving highest level of independence possible in the home, family or community through money and time management, cooking, cleaning, laundry and travel training.
2) INFORMATION AND REFERRAL: Provides connections to various sources and agencies at the county and state levels.
3) PEER COUNSELING: Offers support groups and counseling on several daily life obstacles clients may face.
4) ADVOCACY: Advocates for those who are looking for housing, independent living, self help, and overcoming obstacles.
5) FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE - INDEPENDENT LIVING ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (ILAT) PROGRAM: Assists with purchasing various types of assistive technology, aids for daily living, environmental control units (ECU), augmentative and alternate communication (AAC), assistive technology, durable medical equipment and other devices that Medicaid, Medicare or other insurers will not provide or fully cover. May also be able to fund repairs or home and vehicle modifications.
6) TRANSITION SERVICES: Assists with transitions to community from nursing home, prevent nursing home placement, or youth from education to employment.
7) SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFICIARY EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE: Provides services and supports that allow social security beneficiaries to choose work. Offers benefits counseling with certified Community Partner Work Incentives Counselors (CPWIC), volunteer opportunities in office to develop skills needed to secure employment and assists with acquisition of employment once ready to transition into paid employment.
8) PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRANSITION SERVICES (Pre-ETS) SELF-ADVOCACY COURSES: Allows students to gain knowledge about themselves as young adults with disabilities and overcoming barriers. Must live in Frederick or Carroll Counties, be between the ages of 14 and 21, enrolled in secondary, or post-secondary education, and have a documented disability.
550 Highland Street, Suite 510
Agency: Freedom Center, The
Languages Available: Accommadations possible., English
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Persons with a physical or mental disability.
- Frederick County
- Carroll County