COVID-19 INFORMATION: This agency is still providing food, giving out diapers and formula for babies, and helping with funds for things like prescriptions. Callers who live in Gaithersburg and have an ID with a Gaithersburg address can give this resource a call and the resource will work with the callers to get them help. This resource can also deliver food and diapers and/or formula to residents who have COVID-19. The driver will call when the supplies are at the recipient's house, and the recipient will come out to pick the supplies up with gloves and a mask on.
1) FOOD PANTRY: Provides a three-to-five-day supply of food based on family size, by appointment only. Dietary or special requests are honored when possible; clients with infants also receive rice cereal and baby food; clients residing in motels receive can openers and disposable utensils and plates, if needed. Call 301-216-2410 EX 1.
2) INFANT NEEDS: Provides diapers and infant formula for short- term emergencies, by appointment only. Diapers are provided 12 times in a 12-month period until the child reaches 3 years of age. Formula is provided 12 times in a 12-month period until the child reaches 12 months of age (soy formula 15 months). Baby food is provided until the child reaches 12 months of age. Call 301-216-2410 EX 8.
3) PRESCRIPTION FUNDING: Assists with emergency medical needs such as medicines. Does not assist with getting a written prescription or talking to doctors. Call 301-216-2410 EX 3.
4) TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANCE: Provides transportation to medical appointments and social service agencies to Gaithersburg residents who are elderly, handicapped or otherwise unable to take public transportation. Destination must be within a 20-mile driving distance of downtown Gaithersburg. Requests must be made at least two-business-days before transportation is needed. Call 301-216-2410 EX 2.
5) FINANCIAL SUPPORT & REFERRAL: Listens and offers guidance to identify other resources that clients may access during the stress and confusion of an emergency. This includes referrals for rent, utility bills, clothing, and furniture needs.
To e-mail, use e-mail form (Contact us) on website. www.gaithersburghelp.org
- Answering Service
- phone: 301-216-2510
- phone: 301-216-2510
301 Muddy Branch Road
Agency: Gaithersburg Help
Languages Available: Spanish
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Anyone in need.
- Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, 20877
- Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, 20879
- Montgomery Village, Montgomery County, 20886
- Washington Grove, Montgomery County, 20880
- Rockville, Montgomery County, 20850
- Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, 20882
- Derwood, Montgomery County, 20855
- Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, 20878