OVERVIEW: Provides programs designed to prepare students in grades 9-12 for employment, further training or both.
1) CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GUIDANCE PROGRAM: Assists students in curriculum development geared toward their chosen course of study. Provides guidance and scheduling of classes according to an individualized curriculum plan for each student.
2) CAREER EXPO: Provides 11th graders the opportunity to meet at Garrett Community College (GCC) and attend 5 sessions that cover a wide variety of career choices. Offers college prep and career exploration sessions at GCC (see separate listing).
3) COLLEGE EXPO: Provides parents and students the opportunity to talk to recruiters from a variety of 4-year colleges and military academies. The expo offers opportunities for learning information about various institutions of higher learning.
4) SCHOOLS TO CAREERS TRANSITION PROGRAM: Provides work-based learning opportunities related to a students career paths. Uses shadowing, mentoring, and internships.
5) SOUTHERN AND NORTHERN HS- SKILLS USA: Provides a co-curricular activity club for CTE students that offers competition in the students' skill areas as well as providing leadership skills.
40 South Second Street
Agency: Garrett County Public Schools
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Focuses on students in grades 9-12.