LOW-COST TAX PREP AND BACK TAXES 2020: Offers low cost tax preparation to individuals/families who made less than $15,000 in 2019. Fee is $30 for those with Earned Income Tax Credit. Also assists with back taxes, year round. Call to schedule an appointment, and confirm fee amount.
Applicants must bring:
-- Valid photo ID for self and spouse.
-- Proof of health insurance and 1095.
-- A Social Security card for EACH family member.
-- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2019.
-- Child care provider - name, address and tax ID number.
-- All banking account information (a voided check and/or savings deposit slip).
-- A copy of last year's tax return.
-- Any document or information about money received from the IRS, including the advanced Child Tax Credit.
-- All 1099 forms for other income, if any.
-- Any other tax related documents.
NOTE: Every adult listed on the tax form must come to sign the return.
Will prepare the following
• 1040’s (1040EZ, 1040A and 1040)
• 1040 with Schedule A (Itemization)
• Schedule B (Interest and Dividends)
• Schedule C-EZ (Business Income with No Inventory, No Cash Accounting, No Expenses over $5,000)
• R (Credit for Elderly and Disabled)
• Form 1040V (Payment Vouchers)
• Form 1040ES (Individual Estimated Tax Payment)
• Form 2441 (Child and Dependent Care Credit)
• Form 8863 (Education Credits)
• Form 8812 (Additional Child Tax Credit)
• Maryland Forms
Will NOT prepare the following
• Schedule C (Profit or Loss from a Business, Inventory Expenses over $5,000, Complicated Accounting like Accrual)
• Schedule D Capital Gains (Selling Stock, will do some but not Complicated-over 3)
• Schedule E (Rental Income)
• Form SS-5 (Request for a Social Security Number)
• Form 2106 (Unreimbursed Employee Business Expenses)
• Form 3903 (Moving Expenses) Only assist those in the military who were required to move
• Form 8606 (Non-deductible IRA)
• Form 8615 (Tax for Children Under 14 with Investment Income)
- phone: 410-391-4051
- phone: 410-391-4051
7002 F Golden Ring Road
Agency: Excellence Foundation
Payment Description: $115-$150, cost depends on the complexity of the return.
Intake and Eligibility: Maryland residents. Will help those in need of tax preparation assistance outside of MD.