OVERVIEW: Provides social services, immigration services, a medical and dental clinic, and employment development to anyone.
1) SOCIAL SERVICES: Provides non-perishable and perishable food items for individuals and families in need. A picture ID is required. Provides assistance once a month for three months and sign up is required. Food is distributed on Wed, 1-3PM. Call 202-939-2400 EX 964 for more information.
2) HEALTH CLINIC: Provides general medical care for low income uninsured adult immigrants with limited English proficiency. Also provides women with low cost breast and cervical cancer checks. Available Mon-Fri, 8AM-4:30PM. Call 202-798-5546 to schedule an appointment.
3) DENTAL CLINIC: Offers dental services to adults and children regardless of the ability to pay. Includes general and routine services as well as restorative work such as, oral exams, x-rays, fillings, partial dentures and root canal treatment. Available Mon, Tues and Thurs, 8:30AM-7:30PM and Wed and Fri, 8:30AM-4:30PM. Call 202-939-2400 EX 922 to schedule an appointment.
4) IMMIGRATION SERVICE: Offers a trained paralegal offering consultation to Latino residents in obtaining green cards and citizenship. Does not assist with issues of asylum. $80 consultation fee, call 202-939-2420.
5) EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT: Offers job counseling, job search assistance and resume preparation. A job workshop is offered once a month, consisting of a 15 hour course.
6) GREEN CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM: Provides 16-week training including ESOL and Math instruction in order to pass construction-related trade exams. At the end of the program, referrals are given to trainees for apprenticeship opportunities. Call 202-939-2400 EX 932 or EX 938 for assistance.
- phone: 202-939-2400
1618 Monroe Street NW
Agency: Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Washington
Languages Available: Spanish
Payment Description: Accepts DC insurance, private pay and offers a sliding fee scale for some programs. If unable to pay they will work with the client. Call for more information.
Intake and Eligibility: Anyone in need of services.
- Prince Georges County
- Montgomery County