OVERVIEW: Provides a wide range of services to victims of Domestic Violence who are in crisis.
1) HOTLINE: Offers a 24 hour hotline to all victims of domestic violence seeking crisis intervention, information and referral, emotional support, counseling and guidance.
2) CRISIS INTERVENTION: Provides trained advocates to offer support for victims of domestic violence that has been hospitalized. Advocates addresses victims needs in safety planning, safe shelter, transportation and basic needs during the crisis intervention session.
3) SHELTER: Provides a 24-hour Safe, comfortable accommodations for victims and their children. Clients may stay a maximum of 30 days, but a short extension may be granted if needed.
4) EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Offers Domestic Violence Speakers Bureau to agencies. Offers community education and professional training to local groups and organizations.
5) INFORMATION AND REFERRALS: Provides in person and telephone information and referrals to community resources which can assist clients of domestic violence with a variety of needs to aid in becoming self-sufficient.
6) TRANSITIONAL PROGRAM: Offers intensive case management service for victims of domestic violence. Also provides victims of domestic violence, who have taken the first step in living a life free from violence, with a broad spectrum of services that can assist them in reaching their goal of independence.
7) LEGAL PROGRAM: Provides assistance through legal proceedings and court appearances. Offers direct legal representation in final protective hearing, divorce and custody hearings.
8) ABUSER INTERVENTION PROGRAM: Offers a 26-weekly program that offers counseling services for individuals who display abusive behavior within the family. It is $25 per wk and $30 due at intake. Individuals involved in group are referred by local court system or voluntary.
9) LAW ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM: Provides training, technical assistance and information to law enforcement agencies. Coordinator serves as a liaison between MSCFV and law enforcement departments.
10) BI-LINGUAL OUTREACH SERVICES: Provides outreach and assistance for Spanish speaking and immigrant victims.
Agency: Mid-Shore Council on Family Violence
Languages Available: Language Line for other languages., Spanish, American Sign Language
Payment Description: See Notes.
Intake and Eligibility: Victims of domestic violence and batterers.
- Talbot County
- Dorchester County
- Caroline County
- Queen Annes County
- Kent County