OVERVIEW: Provides services to senior citizens including congregate and home delivered meals, recreational activities, continuing education classes, health education and screenings as well as free seasonal tax preparation to qualified individuals.
1) TAX ASSISTANCE 2019: See separate listing.
2) CONGREGATE MEALS: Offered at the center Mon-Fri. Donation for congregate meal: 60 and older plus spouses are $3.75 (or a donation) each; under 60 is $5.
3) HOME DELIVERED MEALS: Offers home visits to eligible senior citizens to assess and determine needs.
4) HEALTH EDUCATION and SCREENING: Professionals offer presentations on various topics such as prescription medication safety, cancer, cholesterol, osteoporosis, and nutrition. Screenings are held regularly including monthly blood pressure monitoring, eye examinations, and hearing tests. Health Insurance Counseling and assistance in understanding insurance, medical claims and billing statements is also available.
5) CONTINUING EDUCATION: Offers various classes including quilting, painting, crafts, and computer literacy.
6) RECREATION: Offers a variety of recreational activities and classes including various types of dancing, bingo, bowling, walking programs and exercise equipment available for use at any time during the day, as well as preparation for the senior Olympics.
7) INFORMATION and REFERRAL: Provides seniors, their families, and caregivers with resources available in the area to meet their needs.
27 South Water Street