AGING & DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES: Offers assistance for older adults and individuals with disabilities. It is a statewide resource for information and assistance about long-term services and supports to allow individuals to remain at home and plan for future needs.
- Aging & Disability Resource Center: Provides individuals who are seeking long term support information and counseling regarding available long term support options, and determining eligibility for public long term support programs and benefits. Benefits screening includes level of care determinations for Medicaid nursing facility and home and community-based service waiver programs.
- Information & Assistance: Provides individuals who are seeking long term support information and counseling regarding available long term support options, and determining eligibility for public long term support programs and benefits. Benefits screening includes level of care assessments for Medicaid and home and community-based service waiver programs.vailable Mon-Fri, 8:30AM-4PM.
- Information & Referral: Connects individuals with information and referrals to other programs and benefits (such as health promotion and disease prevention, transportation services, housing and income support programs) that may help people remain in the community.
- Senior Care: Offers services for seniors age 65 and older, who are frail and at risk of entering a nursing home to remain safely in the community. A comprehensive assessments of each individual's needs is completed by a case manager. Financial assistance may be available for medications, medical supplies medical equipment and medical adult day care. Senior Care is considered a last resort service.
- Medicaid Home & Community Based Services Waiver For Older Adults: The Federal Government has waived certain requirements to be eligible for Medicaid. This program is for frail individuals who are age 50 and older who qualify for Medicaid, but do now wish to live in a nursing home facility. For eligible participants, the State of MD will pay for covered services to enable them to stay in the community (own home/apartment/assisted living), as long as the cost of the community services does not exceed what Medicaid would have paid for care in a nursing facility.
- Family Caregiver Support Program: Offers information, assistance,education, respite and supplemental services for the relief and support of the Caregiver and grandparents who raising their grandchildren. Limited funds may be available for respite care and medical supplies. A caregiver support group meets monthly at the Elkton Center. Contact office for more information.
- Exercise Fitness Program: Offers a wide variety of health education and fitness programs to persons age 55 and older. Services includes water aerobics, certified personal trainers, arthritis exercise classes and a fitness program for cancer survivors of all ages who are currently recovering from treatment.
- Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy Program: Offers licensed group homes for seniors age 62 and older who are unable to afford the cost of assisted living and might otherwise be living in a nursing home.
- Senior Health Insurance Program: Provides assistance in understanding health insurance benefits, bills, and client's rights, including Medicare D and Pharmacy Assistance Programs.Offers in-person and telephone guidance on a wide variety of health insurance issues, such as:
o Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage Program (Medicare Part D)
o Medicare supplements (Medigap Plans)
o Assistance for disabled Medicare beneficiaries (under age 65)
o Medicare Advantage Plans (HMOs, preferred provider organizations)
o Long Term Care Insurance
o Medical Assistance programs
o Assistance with denials, appeals and grievances
o Billing problems
o Health care fraud and abuse
- Dpt. of Community Services
200 Chesapeake Boulevard
Agency: Department of Community Services, Cecil County
Intake and Eligibility: Individuals 18 and older with a disability and older adults 55 and older. See notes for individual programs.