OVERVIEW: Offers emergency resources for those in need, including food, clothing, and holiday assistance. Also offers education and job-training programs.
1) CLOTHING: Provides clothing to men women and children once per month when available.
2) DONATIONS: Accepts donations of clothing and shoes. During the HOLIDAY accepts clothing, food, toys, toiletries, coats, gloves and monetary donations.
3) HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE: REGISTRATION FOR 2017 IS FULL. Registration required for Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets for residents of Montgomery County that have not registered with other charities. Eligibility determined on a case-by-case basis. Clients will be put on list first. No referral needed. Clients will receive letter regarding distribution date and location. Photo ID and proof of income are required.
4) EDUCATION AND JOB-TRAINING PROGRAMS: Programs vary and class schedule, availability, and pricing are subject to change. For information about these courses, please call: Pat Tyser at 301-585-6556.
5) FOOD PANTRY: Offers non-perishable food to anyone in need, by appointment only.
**APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SERVICES**
501 Sligo Avenue
Agency: Adventist Community Services, National Office
Languages Available: Spanish
Payment Description: Sliding scale
Intake and Eligibility: Anyone in need. Must be low-income
- Montgomery County
- Takoma Park, Montgomery County, 20912