OVERVIEW: Provides a wide range of employment support, education programs, emergency housing and a food pantry to farm workers and their families, Young adults, 16 to 24 not working or in school, children born into poverty, low income and elderly residents.
1) FARM WORKER: Provides guidance for eligible individuals who want to secure non-agricultural employment including outreach, assessment, orientation, job counseling, skill development identifying job interests, skills development, job placement and case management.
2) Financial Literacy, budgeting, check book balancing, credit score development, Free every Wednesday from 9AM to 12Noon.
3) EMERGENCY FOOD PANTRY: Offers food pantry once every 30 days to anyone in need on Tues 9AM-12Noon & 1-4PM. Must provide identification, proof of family size and meet income guidelines.
4) PESTICIDE SAFETY PROGRAM: Offers training to farm workers according to the Worker Protection Standard under the Environmental Protection Act.
5) ENGLISH IN THE WORKPLACE PROGRAM: Offers preparation to speakers of languages other than English with skills needed to obtain and retain employment.
6) FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Provides emergency assistance to farm workers and young adults with rent, mortgage and utilities when funds are available.
7) HOUSING ASSISTANCE: Provides homeownership and credit counseling to farm workers.
8) READING IS FUNDAMENTAL (RIF): Offers a book distribution program to children of farm workers. The program allows children to choose three books over the course of a summer to read and enjoy.
9) YOUTH EMPLOYMENT & JOB TRAINING PROGRAMS: Offers youth job training skills and development. For Wicomico County residents ages 16 to 24 years that is in need of obtaining a job.
31901 Tri-County Way
Agency: Telamon Corporation
Languages Available: Spanish
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Migrant/seasonal farm workers and their families. Also those who are leaving farm work. Financial assistance based on family size.
- Somerset County
- Wicomico County
- Worcester County