OVERVIEW: Offers a comprehensive job search programs for individuals. To ensure businesses have the skilled workforce they need to be competitive in today’s environment as well as help people get jobs by working to better serve the unemployed, jobless veterans, newly dislocated workers, trade-impacted workers, New Americans, ex-offenders, low-wage workers, and individuals with barriers to employment.
1) EVALUATION AND ASSISTANCE: Job seekers are interviewed to determine skill levels and work experience as well as tips on interview techniques, completing job applications and resume writing. Qualified applicants may be referred to training programs.
2) VETERAN'S PROGRAM: Offers a variety of services to assist veterans, transitioning military personnel, and other qualified individuals. Priority of service is given to veterans and their spouses who meet certain eligibility requirements.
3) MARYLAND WORKFORCE EXCHANGE: Job matching system for job seekers and
employees. You may access web site www.mwejobs.maryland.gov.
4) INTERNET: Provides access to the Internet for JOB SEARCHES ONLY.
5) SENIOR COMMUNITY SERVICE EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM: Available to job seekers, ages 55 and older, who are unemployed, meet established low-income guidelines and desire an opportunity for Part time paid training leading to full time unsubsidized employment.Please call Chap Richardson @ 301-777-1221 EX 314
6) GENERAL INFORMATION: Call or visit web site for information on job center locations and services provided. Maryland Workforce Exchange an online site workforce services system serving job seekers and employers. The system provides fast access to a complete set of employment tools in one website.
Internet... Provides access to the internet for career development resources and job search tools and job leads. https://www.d llr.state.md.us/employment/
7) ALIEN LABOR CERTIFICATION for EMPLOYERS: For certification, employer must have identified the need for an alien to enter the United States to work.
138 Baltimore Street, Suite 102
Agency: Maryland Department of Labor
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to the public.
- Allegany County
- Garrett County