OVERVIEW: Provides adult education services for continuing education for persons ages 16 and older.
1) ADULT BASIC EDUCATION (ABE): Offers instruction for learners at the beginning and intermediate levels. Increases basic academic skills and it's often their first step in preparing to earn their high school diploma. Each session runs 16 weeks generally held two or three days/evenings per week and lasts 2 1/2-3 hours. You must call to register .
2) EXTERNAL DIPLOMA PROGRAM (NEDP): Assists adults with life experiences gained through working and raising a family towards earning a high school diploma.
3) ACADEMIC SKILLS ENHANCEMENT: Offers reading, math and writing skills for adults to prepare them for employment or further education.
4) GED PREPARATION CLASSES: Helps students who have not yet earned a high school diploma to improve basic skills they need at work, home and in life. Classes also helps students prepare for the five areas of the GED exam which includes reading, writing, social study, science and math.
5) ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL): Offers Basic English Language Skills classes for students with limited English language proficiency and low literacy.
6) CHESAPEAKE CHILD CARE RESOURCE CENTER: Provides comprehensive child care training services including certification courses, on-site training sessions that meets MSDE's child care licensing requirements.
7) SUMMER CAMPS 2018 (CLOSED): Provides a variety co-ed sports camps for kids ages 5-13, camp is held Mon-Thurs from 8:30AM-12Noon at a fee of $75 per player. Camps are held for eight weeks featuring different sports each week that includes baseball, tennis, flag football, dodgeball, kickball, basketball for kids ages 5-8 and soccer. Registration forms are available on line at www.letsgoskipjacks.com or call 410-822-5400 EX 5750 for more information.
KIDS ON CAMPUS 2018 (CLOSED): Offers a wide variety of academic summer courses for students entering grades 3-11 at different locations. Sessions are six weeks from June 25-Aug 18, 2018. Provides educational and career exploration opportunities that offer activities that will develop and build key skills for future success. Registration form is available on-line and parents can register their child for any week of interest. Call the office for more information.
416-418 Race Street
Cambridge, MD 21613
Cambridge Center Fax :
Agency: Queen Anne's County Public Schools
Languages Available: Spanish, Ukrainian
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Ages 16 and older. Must have officially withdrawn from school.
- Queen Annes County
- Caroline County
- Dorchester County
- Kent County
- Talbot County