OVERVIEW: Provides mental health counseling, child trauma and family specialties other support programs, and substance abuse counseling.
1) MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES: Provides Wraparound Care Coordination for Youth, individual, family, and group counseling, including sex offenders. Psychiatric evaluations, psychological testing, and medication monitoring offered through the Child Trauma program.
2) DIVORCE/CO-PARENTING EDUCATION: An educational program offering parents the opportunity to increase their understanding of the impact of divorce on children. Men's, women's, and children's support groups are offered, as well as court-ordered supervised visitations and parenting skills development.
3) HEALTHY FAMILIES: An in-home outreach program designed to assist first-time mothers learning about the developmental needs of their children. Services include parenting skills, development and education, counseling, advocacy and case management.
4) ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Training for businesses, tutoring for youth, and community outreach.
5) CASA PROGRAM: See separate listing.
6) SUBSTANCE ABUSE: Provides counseling for teens.
7) FAMILY NAVIGATOR: Provides family support, education, advocacy, coaching, information and referral, and follow-up services to link families and community resources. Focus of assistance is toward accessing services for children with special needs. Available to review Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and to accompany a family to key community agency meetings. This service is for families with intensive needs including: income crisis, caring for children (0-21 years) with mental illness, behavior problems, or physical, developmental, and learning disabilities.
- 6100 Radio Station Road
- , MD 20646
- Center For Children, Inc. Catherine Meyers, Executive Director
- PO Box 2924
- La Plata, MD 20646
St. Mary's County:
Agency: Center for Children
Languages Available: Mandarin, Romanian, Spanish
Payment Description: Depends on program.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to persons in need, ages 3 to adult.
- Charles County
- Calvert County
- Saint Marys County