OVERVIEW: Provides crisis mental health services.
1) CRISIS TELEPHONE SERVICES: Provides 24-hour telephone services, including information and referral, clinical crisis intervention, supportive listening and crisis line for the hearing impaired.
2) AFTER-HOURS CRISIS BACK-UP: Provides back-up on evenings, holidays and weekends to Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Service mental health, addictions, child and adolescent, and victim services when the client's primary provider is not available.
3) CRISIS WALK-IN SERVICES: Assists anyone experiencing a situational, victim-related or mental health crisis may access face-to-face assistance, 24 hours/day, seven days/week. Psychiatric evaluations and medication monitoring are available to clients, if necessary, following the therapist's assessment.
4) ENTRY POINT FOR ADULTS SEEKING SHELTER: Homeless single adults are assessed at the Crisis Center. Clients are provided with emergency night-time shelter and given referrals for addictions, mental health and case management services.
5) ALTERNATIVES TO PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITALIZATION: Offers Residential Crisis Services (RCS) for adults in psychiatric crisis.
6) MOBILE CRISIS TEAM: Provides mental health evaluations and crisis services for situations that require immediate, on-site intervention. The team can meet with people at their residence, an agency or any other location in the community. 24 hours/days 7days/week.
- 1301 Picard Drive
- Rockville, MD 20850
Crisis Line and Shelter Placement:
Abused Persons Crisis Line:
Mental Health Association:
Victim Assistance & Sexual Assault:
Agency: Montgomery County Special Needs Housing
Languages Available: Language lines available., Spanish
Payment Description: Free for walk ins, MCTS; Medical Assistance required for RCS
Intake and Eligibility: Any Montgomery County resident in a situational or psychiatric crisis.