OVERVIEW: Offers a comprehensive range of general and specialty services for medical, surgical, pediatric, behavioral, and obstetrical patients. Sophisticated diagnostic testing services, as well as off-site, outpatient diagnostic centers.
1) BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: See separate listing for details.
2) CANCER CARE CENTER: Comprehensive cancer center treating breast, colon, lung, prostate and lymphoma cancers.
3) CARDIAC-HEART INSTITUTE: Provides comprehensive invasive and non-invasive services. Services include open heart surgery, one-stop cardiovascular unit, diagnostics, emergency heart attack treatment, interventional cardiology and electrophysiology.
4) DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES: Offers lab services, diagnostic imaging, diagnostic cardiology, pre-surgery cardiology and pulmonary testing. Scheduling call 240-964-8888 or 866-369-1122. Hours are Monday-Thursday 7AM-5:30PM and Friday 7AM to 5PM.
5) DIALYSIS CENTER: Renal dialysis provided through a comprehensive, interdisciplinary team approach. Call 240-964-8600
6) EMERGENCY SERVICES: Offers comprehensive trauma/emergency care as well as non-urgent care. Trauma/emergency call 240-694-1200. Non-urgent care call 240-964-1300.
7) FROSTBURG NURSING and REHAB CENTER: See separate listing.
8) HOME HEALTH: Works with patient and family to ensure needed services are provided during recuperation. Services are also available to individuals who are not hospitalized. Call 240-964-9100 for further details.
9) HOSPICE: Provides comfort and care to terminally ill patients and their families. Services available 24 hours day/7 days week. Call 240-964-9000 To volunteer your services call 240-964-9005.
10) HOSPITALIST PROGRAM: Provides inpatient care from the time you are admitted to the time you leave. Are available 24 hours day/7days a week to serve or answer questions.
11) SURGERY: Offers orthopedic, thoracic and same day surgery along with other specialty surgery services.
12) OBSERVATION UNIT: Used for patients needing additional evaluation and testing when coming to the emergency room instead of hospital admission.
13) WOUND CARE: Provides treatment to patients with non-healing wounds and includes hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
14) INPATIENT REHABILITATION: Helps clients learn to adapt to changes in their physical abilities due to such things as stroke, orthopedic injury or surgery, amputation, certain spinal cord dysfunction, brain tumor, generalized weakness, or other medical conditions.
15) OUTPATIENT REHABILITATION: Provides comprehensive occupational therapy, lymphedema treatment, and speech therapy. Call 240-964-1800.
16) RESPIRATORY CARE: A pulmonary function lab and rehabilitation program as well as respiratory care is available Monday-Friday from 8AM-4:30PM. Call 240-964-3807 for further details.
17) SLEEP DISORDERS: Provides diagnostic services and treatment for a variety of sleep disorders. Call 240-964-2800 to schedule an appointment.
18) PRIMARY CARE: Offers primary physician services for individuals and families.
19) URGENT CARE: Provides minor medical care for individuals and families in 2 locations. Call for address, hours and further details. Frostburg call 301-689-3229, Hunt Club Plaza 304-726-4501.
20) Stroke Center: Designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services System (MIEMSS) for having the resources in place to maintain high standards for stroke care. Learn more at 240-964-1081
21) Center for Clinical Resources: Provides support for patients managing chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, heart failure, and lung disease, or taking anticoagulation medication. Learn more at 240-964-8787
22) Obstetrics and Gynecology: Provides health and medical needs of women from early adolescence to mature adulthood. Learn more at 240-964-8760
23) ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Offers centralized scheduling, childbirth education, diabetes management, nutrition counseling, occupational heath, outpatient anticoagulation clinic, parish nursing, pastoral care, pulmonary rehabilitation and support groups. Call 240-964-7000 for further details.
Volunteers, Patricia Wright:
12500 Willowbrook Road
Agency: UPMC Western Maryland
Languages Available: Special arrangements available.
Payment Description: All payment methods, including no charge.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to public.