OVERVIEW: Provides support services for people searching for education and support around health issues.
1) WOMEN'S HEALTH: "Look Good...Feel Better" for cancer patients. Offers cosmetic tips for women experiencing skin changes or hair loss due to chemotherapy or radiation treatment.
2) EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL HEALTH: Provides general counseling for mental illness.
3) PARENTING AND PRENATAL CLASSES: Childbirth, breastfeeding and infant care.
4) SAFETY EDUCATION: CPR training and First Aid.
5) SUPPORT GROUPS: Postpartum Support Group, Breastfeeding Support Group, NAMI Support Group, Diabetes Support Group, Weight loss Support Group.
6) PHYSICIAN REFERRAL SERVICE: Designed to help find physicians affiliated with Montgomery General Hospital, call 855-MED-0207 for assistance.
7) YOUTH PROGRAM: Babysitting Plus CPR, Home Alone Program.
8) WELLNESS PROGRAM: Provides classes in Yoga, Gentle Yoga for Seniors, Gentle Yoga for Cancer Patients, Tai Chi and Senior Strength and Balance and Living Well-Chronic Disease Self-Management Program.
- Physician Referral
Agency: MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
Languages Available: English, Spanish
Payment Description: Fees vary.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to anyone.