OVERVIEW: Provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient and emergency services.
1) MEDICAL SERVICES: Provides state-designated emergency/shock trauma center, primary stroke center, and an approved cancer program (American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer) with in- and out-patient oncology services, radiation oncology and diagnostic imaging. Also has a cardiology center with comprehensive surgical, diagnostic and rehabilitative services. Offers orthopedics and physical medicine, neurosciences, in-patient and emergency pediatrics, senior care, post acute services, women's health care, radiology, and a physician referral service.
2) HEALTH CLASSES: Offers nutrition and weight management, adult and pediatric CPR, physical fitness, smoking cessation, stress management, diabetes education and community health seminars.
3) SUPPORT GROUPS: Offers support groups for people affected by Cancer, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, MS caregivers, Myasthenia Gravis, Pulmonary Conditions and Sjogren's Syndrome.
4) MENTAL HEALTH UNIT: Offers a variety of in and out-patient psychological services including counseling and assessment.
5) SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND DETOXIFICATION: Services are also a part of the Mental Health Unit for clients who are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse problems.
o For outpatient services, see separate listing for Suburban Hospital, Outpatient Addiction Treatment Center.
Information and Physician Referral:
8600 Old Georgetown Road
Agency: Suburban Hospital
Languages Available: International Program provides interpretive services for more than 21 languages.
Payment Description: Insurance, Medicare and Medicaid; support groups: free.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to anyone in need of services.