OVERVIEW: Provides a 46- bed acute care community hospital providing inpatient medical services, 24-hours emergency care, inpatient and same day surgical services, outpatient diagnostics, oncology and maternity/birthing suites. Also provides lab testing with a full range of radiological modalities.
1) EMERGENCY SERVICES: Provides a 24-hour 18-bed fully staffed emergency center.
2) DIAGNOSTICS CARE: Offers a full range of diagnositc services to inpatient and outpatient individuals. Services includes cardiac catherization, EKG's, radiography of spine, extremity, head, abdomen imaging and endoscopy services.
3) PULMONARY DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES: Provides testing to diagnose the cause and severity of breathing disorders and helps physicians to evaluate conditions such as shortness of breath, asthma and emphysema.
4) RESPIRATORY CARE: Provides therapeutic gas administration, aerosol and humidity therapy.
5) WOMEN'S HEALTH SERVICES-Offers mammography/breast health services. Provides digital imaging that can detect breast cancer. Also provides free or reduced mammogram screenings to women that are uninsured. Call 410-778-7668 EX 2400 for more information.
6) NUTRITION COUNSELING: Offers comprehensive inpatient nutrition counseling programs by dieticians to ensure patients normal and therapeutic needs are met.
7) DIABETES PROGRAM: Provides a comprehensive program to help individuals with diabetes better manage their disease. A physician's referral is needed. A support groups is offered for individuals and their families that meets the last Tues of each month (except during the months of Aug & Dec) at 6:30pm in the conference center at the hospital. Contact Chrissy Nelson, RN at 410-778-7668 EX 2175.
8) SURGICAL SERVICES: Offers a wide range of surgical services that includes general, gynecological, orthopedic, oral/denistry, colon-rectal and anesthesiology surgeries.
9) CANCER SERVICES: Cancer patients receive chemotherapy, injections, other support and IV treatment at the Outpatient Chemotherapy Center.
Agency: University of Maryland Shore Regional Health
Languages Available: American Sign Language., Spanish
Payment Description: Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance and Sliding Fee Scale.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to the public.
- Kent County
- Queen Annes County
- Caroline County
- Dorchester County
- Talbot County