Program Listing

View Services
  • Neighborhood Service Center, Talbot County, Office of Home Energy Programs

    Agency: Maryland Department of Human Services

    ENERGY ASSISTANCE/WEATHERIZATION: Provides MEAP and EUSP grants to eligible families, renters, roomers, boarders, and homeowners toward the cost of heating in the winter and electricity year round. Grant is based on the type of fuel used, household size, household income, and annual consumption.

    -MEAP (Maryland Energy Assistance Program): Provides assistance grants to help with home heating bills. Payments are made directly to the fuel supplier and utility company on customers behalf.

    -EUSP (Electrical Universal Service Program): Assists with electric utility bill payment. Client is required to have bill in his/her own name and be on a monthly budget billing plan. Some funds are available for a one time only benefit for past due bill payments. 

    -Weatherization: Limited funds are available for clients for furnace repair, replacement and/or other weatherization procedures.

    MEAP income eligibility
    ELIGIBILITY EFFECTIVE: July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021
    GROSS INCOME                  
                    Monthly              Annually
    1            $1,861.00           $22,332.00
    2            $2,515.00           $30,180.00
    3            $3,168.00           $38,016.00
    4            $3,821.00           $45,852.00
    5            $4,475.00           $53,700.00
    6            $5,128.00           $61,536.00
    7            $5,781.00           $69,732.00
    8            $6,435.00           $77,220.00

    FOR EACH ADDITIONAL PERSON, ADD $654 monthly; $7,848 annually

    If a caller is slightly over the Maximum Monthly Income Standards, lives on a fixed income, and has significant out of pocket medical expenses, they may still qualify for the programs (MEAP & EUSP) by asking for a medical waiver. The OHEP worker would be able to assist them with this.

    -Application: Need to submit a copy of photo identity, proof of residence, copies of Social Security cards for all household members (including children), proof of household's total gross income for 30 days prior to application date (from all sources), name of home energy supplier and account number, a copy of the most recent utility bill and a copy of the lease (if renting). To check the status of an application, clients can go online to

    Agency: Maryland Department of Human Services

    Languages Available:

    Payment Description: None.

    Intake and Eligibility: See notes.

    Areas Served:
    • Talbot County

  • Powered by: skyClutch Logo