OVERVIEW: Offers assistance for older adults and individuals with disabilities. It is a statewide resource for information and assistance about long-term services and supports to allow individuals to remain at home and plan for future needs. MAP services is comprised of programs from the Worcester County Health Dpt, Dpt of Social Services, and Commission on Aging.
1) AGING AND DISABILITY RESOURCE CENTER: Provides individuals who are seeking long term support information and counseling regarding available long term support options, and determining eligibility for public long term support programs and benefits. Benefits screening includes level of care determinations for Medicaid nursing facility and home and community-based service waiver programs.
2) INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE: Offers in person assistance to individuals, families and caregivers with questions and/or concerns. Available Mon-Fri, 8AM-4:30PM.
3) INFORMATION AND REFERRAL: Connects individuals with information and referrals to other programs and benefits (such as health promotion and disease prevention, transportation services, housing and income support programs) that may help people remain in the community.
4) ADULT EVALUATION AND REVIEW SERVICES (AERS): Offers assistance to persons who are"At risk" of institutionalization. A comprehensive multi disciplinary assessment is completed and referrals are made to available community resources which would allow them to remain in the community and achieve the highest possible level of independence and health.
5) COMMUNITY FIRST CHOICE: Offers personal care helps individuals with Medical Assistance who have a chronic illness, medical condition, or disability to remain in their homes. Services provided assist eligible individuals with basic activities of daily living.
6) SOCIAL SERVICES TO ADULTS: Case management program designed to assist elderly, disabled & vulnerable adults, age 18 years & older, obtain needed home & community based long-term care services, equipment & programs.
7) IN-HOME AIDE SERVICES: Assists functionally disabled adults with activities of daily living in their home, such as chores, personal care, transportation & other basic tasks to maintain the individual safely & independently in the community.
8) RESPITE: Provides limited financial reimbursement to the family of disabled adults receiving home care. Call for more information.
9) PROJECT HOME: Offers Certified Adult Residential Environment (CARE) homes where disabled persons age 18 and older are cared for and supervised in a family like setting in the community. Care providers assist with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living.
10) SENIOR CARE: Assists frail, health-impaired persons age 65 and older select and locate the services that can help them continue to live in their homes. Services may include personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, shopping and transportation.
11) LOAN CLOSET: Offers equipment on loan to persons age 18 and older such as walkers, canes, shower chairs and other medical supplies. Call office for information.
12) MEALS ON WHEELS: Provides home delivered meals for individuals age 60 and older that are homebound, handicapped and convalescing elderly.
13) SENIOR CENTER PLUS: Assists caregivers in keeping their loved ones in the community by providing a non-medical day respite program while providing socialization at Worcester Adult Medical Day Services.
14) STATE HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM (SHIP): Provides assistance to all Medicare beneficiaries & their families in understanding health insurance benefits, bills, and client's rights, including Medicare D and Pharmacy Assistance Programs. Offers in-person and telephone guidance on a wide variety of health insurance issues, such as:
o Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage Program (Medicare Part D)
o Medicare supplements (Medigap Plans)
o Assistance for disabled Medicare beneficiaries (under age 65)
o Medicare Advantage Plans (HMO's, preferred provider organizations)
o Long Term Care Insurance
o Medical Assistance programs
o Assistance with denials, appeals and grievances
o Billing problems
o Health care fraud and abuse
15) See separate listing for Worcester County Senior Centers.
- 4767 Snow Hill Road
- Snow Hill, MD 21863
- PO Box 159
- Snow Hill, MD 21863
4767 Snow Hill Road