OVERVIEW: The mission of the Montgomery County Community Action Agency (CAA) is to reduce poverty and increase self-sufficiency among County residents through services, partnerships, and advocacy.
1) HUMAN SERVICES INFORMATION & REFERRAL: Provides information and referral for health and human services. Assists Montgomery County residents with determining which Human Services programs best fit their needs.
2) VITA TAX ASSISTANCE 2018: CAA VITA is now scheduling appointments for 2017 taxes. Appointments will be available January 17 - April 13, 2018. Call 240-777-1123 to schedule an appointment. TTY users, please call MD Relay (711)
2018 appointments will be available at the following locations January 17 - April 13:
- GAITHERSBURG: Mondays, 3 - 8 pm, Benjamin Gaither Center, 80-A Bureau Drive
- SILVER SPRING: Tuesdays, 3 - 8 pm, TESS Community Action Center, 8513 Piney Branch Road
- ROCKVILLE: Wednesdays, 11 am - 3 pm, Community Action Agency, 1401 Rockville Pike, 3rd Floor
- EAST COUNTY: Thursdays, 11 am - 4 pm, East County Regional Services Center, 3300 Briggs Chaney Road
- WHEATON: Fridays, 11 am - 4 pm, Wheaton Gilchrist Center, 11002 Veirs Mill Road, Suite 506
- BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. NO WALK-INS.
Bring the following:
- A Social Security card and/or ITIN for EACH family member. We cannot use prior year files to verify Social Security numbers.
- A photo ID for each filer
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2016
- Child care provider name, address, and tax ID number or Social Security number
- All banking account information (a voided check and/or savings deposit slip) to direct deposit your refund
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or state
- All 1099 forms for other income, if any
- Any other tax related documents you have received
- If you are a victim of identity theft, you must bring the letter from the IRS with your PIN number. A new letter is issued from the IRS every year.
- If you purchased health insurance through the Marketplace for 2016, through Medicare/Medicaid, or through your employer, you should receive a Form 1095-A, B, and/or C. Please bring this form with you to complete your 2016 federal tax return.
- If you have a Marketplace Exemption, please contact the Marketplace and get your Marketplace Exemption Certificate number to complete your 2016 federal tax return.
- If you are married and filing jointly, your spouse must be present. If you are married and filing separately, you need your spouse's name as spelled on his/her Social Security card and your spouse's Social Security number.
1401 Rockville Pike