OVERVIEW: Offers traditional education for pre-kindergarten through high school. Also offers special education, home/hospital instruction and adult education.
1) CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION: Provides education for students of all abilities in Pre-K-12th grade programs. Special services include talented and gifted program, home/hospital instruction, Chapter 1 Supplementary Education and transitional first grade.
2) PUPIL SERVICES: Provides guidance counseling, psychological services and pupil personnel services to students throughout the system with personal/career concerns or significant problems in attendance, achievement or behavior.
3) SPECIAL EDUCATION: Provides appropriate education and related services to children from birth to age 21 with cognitive, emotional or physical disabilities.
4) FOOD SERVICES: Offers free or reduced fee breakfast and lunch programs to students who qualify. The income guidelines are set by the federal government and have been adopted across the state.
Income Eligibility Guidelines For School Lunch
Effective July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
Free/Reduced Meals: Monthly
Household Size Free Meals Reduced Meals
1 $16,237 $23,107
2 $21,983 $31,284
3 $27,729 $39,461
4 $33,475 $47,638
5 $39,221 $55,815
6 $44,967 $63,992
7 $50,713 $72,169
8 $56,459 $80,346
For each additional family member add
5) SUMMER FOOD SERVICE PROGRAM: Offers free breakfast and or lunch to school aged kids under the age of 18 during the summer months. There are random sites throughout the county, for a listing of local sites go to www.msde.state.md.us for more information.
6) TRANSPORTATION: Provides transportation to and from school for all students, kindergarten through 12th grade.
7) MENTORING PROGRAM: Adult volunteers accompany children to school related special events.
8) HOMELESS CHILDREN: Parents who are homeless should contact their Homeless Education Liaison to assist their child in attaining proper support and education. Call 410-677-4469.
2424 Northgate Drive - Suite 100
Agency: Wicomico County Public Schools
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to the public.