OVERVIEW: Provides a wide range of health services and community education to residents of Wicomico County
1) CHILD, ADOLESCENT & FAMILY OUTPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH: Provides outpatient mental health services for children, adolescents and their families.
3) ADULT INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM: For individuals that require more structure and support than a low intensity traditional outpatient program. Treatment provided 9 hours or more during the week.
4) ADOLESCENT INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM: For individuals that require more structure and support than a low intensity traditional outpatient program. Treatment provided 6 hours or more during the week.
5) DUAL DIAGNOSIS PROGRAM: Offered to individuals who are 18 and older and who reside in the Wicomico County. To obtain mental health services the individual would have to be given a diagnosis of substance abuse and mental health disorder.
6) ADULT METHADONE MAINTENANCE & SUBOXONE PROGRAM: For patients who are addicted to opiates. The program is designed to help those that struggle to function without the use of opiates. Methadone is dispensed at PRMC from Mon-Fri 7AM-9:20AM, Sat and holidays are 7AM-9AM.
7) NALOXONE TRAINING: Offers an educational program that includes an understanding of opioids, recognizing signs and symptoms of an overdose, proper rescue breathing techniques, proper administration of naloxone, and care for the individual until the paramedics arrive. Individuals must be 18 and older related to and/or working with individuals dealing with opiate substance use. Provided to family members, caregivers, guardians, and health/human service workers. Call for the Overdose Response Training days and times.
8) AIDS PROGRAM: Provides general information about the HIV Antibody test. Confidential and anonymous pre and post testing, counseling and appropriate referral to support groups, physicians and mental health agencies. 410-543-6943.
9) ADOLESCENT HEALTH: Provides individual and group counseling, support and education to pregnant and parenting teens, including teen fathers. 410-334-3497.
10) CHEST CLINIC: Provides diagnoses, follows and treats patients with or suspected of having tuberculosis. Appointment required.
11) COMMUNICABLE DISEASE EDUCATION: Offers services that may reduces the incidence of communicable disease in the county through aggressive surveillance and educational measures in the community. 410-543-6943.
12) FAMILY PLANNING PROGRAM: Provides emergency gynecological exams, contraceptive, sex education and materials to teens and women contemplating intercourse. Call 410-543-6962 for information.
13) PREGNANCY TESTING: Provides early detection of pregnancy for patients desiring or requesting such diagnosis.
14) SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE (STD): Provides diagnoses and treats patients with or suspected of having STD's. 410-543-6943.
15) ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH: Responsible for all environmental and environmentally related community health programs in Wicomico County. Also educates residents in the essential functions of public health including drinking water, sewage disposal, food safety and rabies prevention. Call 410-546-4446 for more information.
16) COMMUNITY HEALTH: Offers education, prevention health services and case management to improve the general health of the public. Services include: birth control/pregnancy testing, treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, adult/child immunizations and immigration health screenings.Also screens for colorectal cancer for eligible residents. Call 410-543-6938 for the cancer program.
17) PREVENTION AND HEALTH: Provides individual the knowledge and skills regarding their health and safety through education, training, health assessment and outreach.
18) ADULT EVALUATION SERVICE: Prevents inappropriate institutionalization of persons 65 years of age or older. 410-543-6938.
19) PERSONAL CARE PROGRAM: Provides personal care services in the home for chronically ill or disabled Medical Assistance recipients to prevent institutionalization. Appointment required. 410-749-6938.
20) CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH PROGRAM: Provides blood pressure screenings and monitoring services at clinics, work sites, churches and other sites. 410-546-5311.
21) BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC: Provides comprehensive primary care to a limited number of patients with high blood pressure. Call 410-546-5311 for more information.
22) TOBACCO USE AND CESSATION PROGRAM: Offers low income, medically supervised smokers with quitting through counseling and courses. Counseling, group support sessions and low cost quit aid medications are offered to Wicomico County residents.
23) DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES(RESOURCE COORDINATION: Provides information and referral and case management to children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families. 410-543-6790.
24) SUBSTANCE ABUSE EDUCATION: "Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drugs" program educates Head Start children and parents about the harmful effects of drug use and teaches them how to say "no" to drugs.
25) VITAL RECORDS: Provides certified copies of Birth and Death Certificates for a fee of $32. The individual must have been born in MD in order to receive a copy. Call for more information.
26) SEASONAL FLU: Offers local flu shot clinics and schedule information by visiting the website at www.wicomicohealth.org
27) COMMUNICATOR SYSTEM: Offers a citizen notification method that will automatically notify the citizens of Wicomico County of important information in the event of an impending or occurring emergency via telephone communications. If anyone is interested in having the messages sent to their cell phone, they may register at the Dept. of Emergency Services.
Salisbury, William C. Fritz Health Center, 300 West Carroll Street, Salisbury, MD 21801, 410 749-1244.
E-S Adkins Building, 801 North Salisbury Boulevard, Unit 103, Salisbury, MD 21804, 410-749-1244.
Rabies Hotline :
Enviornment Health Emergency Line:
Mental Health :
Agency: Wicomico County Health Department
Languages Available: Spanish
Payment Description: Medical assistance, Private insurance and Sliding fee scale.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to residents.