1) VITAL RECORDS: Includes birth and death certificates, and medical records.
2) PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES: Includes adolescent pregnancy prevention; blood pressure screening, breast and cervical cancer screening and treatment, sex education, communicable diseases screening and treatment, confidential and anonymous counseling and testing for HIV, family planning clinic, health education, smoking cessation classes, immunizations (including flu, call or check website for information), nutrition risk reduction, pregnancy testing, school health services, STD clinic, TB testing, case management, MA ombudsman, PWC and MCHP eligibility, oral and colon cancer screening.
3) DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES: Provides case management, referral and advocacy services to developmentally disabled persons.
4) PERSONAL CARE AND ADULT EVALUATION: Provides personal care services to MA recipients who live in the community and need assistance with activities of daily living. AERS provides evaluations and care recommendations for geriatric clients.
5) ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES: Includes air quality, animal bites, environmental health hazards and nuisances, inspections, lead paint investigation, monitoring of sewage and water systems; rabies control, solid waste investigation, sludge monitoring and bio- terrorism surveillance.
6) SEASONAL FLU: Call the Flu Hotline to hear dates and locations for local flu clinics.
7) NALOXONE TRAINING: Offers an educational program that includes an understanding of opioids, recognizing signs and symptoms of an overdose, proper rescue breathing techniques, proper administration of naloxone, and care for the individual until the paramedics arrive. Currently this training is only being offered to Law Enforcement and EMS personnel.
8) AVAILABLE TRANSPORTATION: Coordinates medical transportation for Medical Assistance recipients. Other types of transportation can be arranged for eligible individuals.
21580 Peabody Street
Agency: St. Mary's County Health Department
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: Medical Assistance. Sliding fee scale. Insurance.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to anyone.