OVERVIEW: Provides case management, psychiatric rehabilitation, employment assistance, residential rehabilitation, crisis housing and in-home intervention services to people with psychiatric disabilities.
1) RESIDENTIAL REHABILITATION PROGRAM: Provides general and intensive housing for adults with mental illness. Provides supervision as needed.
2) TARGETED CASE MANAGEMENT: Provides assistance to individuals and families who need help in accessing community services and programs. Case Managers link clients to housing, employment and community support. TCM services include but are not limited to, filing for and maintaining benefits, linkage to medical and psychiatric care and assisting with outstanding legal issues. Serves children, adolescents and adults. TCM services offered in Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's counties.
3) PSYCHIATRIC REHABILITATION PROGRAM : Intensive program provides 6-8 visits per month based on mental health goals. Services offered on an individual flexible 24/hour basis.
4) CRISIS HOUSE: Home-like environment that assists adults who are in a psychiatric crisis and need a place to stay, stabilize. Referrals from hospital emergency rooms and private psychiatrists. Average stay is 7-10 days with 24/7 staffing. House is located in Calvert County. Serves Calvert, Charles, St. Mary's, Anne Arundel, and PG counties.
5) IN-HOME INTERVENTION PROGRAM (IHIP): This program is designed to provide intensive in home services for children, adolescents and their families to strengthen family functioning. IHIP provides evaluation, assessment, counseling and twenty-four hour crisis intervention services. Offered in Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's counties.
6) SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM: Helps individuals16 and older attain and maintain employment through job coaching and placement.
7) COMMUNITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH LIAISON: Provides outreach to individuals in the Tri-County area with mental health needs and links them to services. The CBHL Program works directly with law enforcement to identify and outreach to these individuals.
St. Mary's County Office:
Charles County Office:
305 Prince Frederick Boulevard
Agency: Southern Maryland Community Network
Payment Description: Must be eligible for the Public Mental Health System.
Intake and Eligibility: Persons of all ages who have severe and persistent psychiatric disabilities. Eligibility based on the public mental health system.
- Calvert County
- Charles County
- Saint Marys County