OVERVIEW: Provides a wide range of services for individuals and families in need of food, clothing and financial assistance.
1) THRIFT STORE: Open Mon-Sat, 9AM-5PM; for the general public. Persons on a limited income may be eligible to receive free clothing if they bring all information and fill out application. Families can obtain vouchers to receive free clothing once every 6 months. Must apply with in-house social service department to qualify for vouchers. Thrift Store is located at 301 Vine and Eastern Shore Drive.
2) EMERGENCY FOOD: Provides food every 30 days for those who qualify. By appointment only on Mon-Fri 9AM-3PM.
3) FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Provides up to $40 per year, per family, for help with prescriptions, mortgage or rent and up to $1,000 per year for utilities through the Good Neighbor Fund, when available. Must have proof of income, proof of residency, turn-off/eviction notice, ID and Social Security cards for every member of the household and you must apply at Shore Up (Office of Home Energy Programs) first before seeking assistance.
4) YOUTH CLUBS: Offers a variety of sports and other programs to children in the community. Call for information and listing of events. For more information, contact Mandy Schuyler, Youth Coordinator at 410-749-4757.
5) HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE 2019: Provides holiday assistance for Thanksgiving and Christmas to residents in need.
THANKSGIVING MEALS: Provides a Thanksgiving meal on Sun Nov 24th. There will be a worship service at 11AM and those in attendance will then be served a Thanksgiving meal.
CHRISTMAS/ANGEL TREE: (CLOSED) Applications are being accepted on Mon 10/14 9AM-12Noon & 1PM-5PM, Tues 10/15 12Noon-4PM & 4:30-8PM, Wed 10/16 9AM-12Noon &1PM-5PM, Thurs 10/17 12Noon-4PM & 4:30PM-8PM and Fri 10/18 9AM--12Noon & 1PM-5PM.
*Children ages 14 and under are eligible for toys.
Applicants must provide ALL of the following documentation:
Maryland Picture ID
Social Security card or Birth Certificate for everyone in the household
Age Verification for children (Birth certificates, shot records, or school records)
Official documentation if you have custody of someone else's children.
Proof of ALL income, (TANF, payroll stubs, Child Support, SSI, Food Stamps.)
Proof of expenses, (Mortgage statement,/Lease, Electric bill, phone bill, All bills in the household.
If you do not bring all of the above information at the time you apply, you must return at a later time with all required paperwork for your application to be processed.
6) FURNITURE: Provides furniture vouchers on a one time emergency basis. for families that experience a disaster in their home and a referral from Red Cross is required. Individual/families that have moved from a homeless shelter or have been incarcerated and is moving into a permanent resident, must have referral from shelter or corrections department. Must apply with in-house social service department first to quality for vouchers.
7) DONATIONS: Accepts food, toys, clothing, household items, vehicles and appliances. Call for wish list items.
Social Services Fax:
Thrift Store :
- phone: 410-749-3077
Christina & Matthew Trantham
- phone: 410-749-7771
407 Oak Street
407 Oak Street
Agency: Salvation Army, Wicomico County
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to the public. See notes.
- Wicomico County
- Somerset County
- Worcester County