COVID-19 UPDATE: Offering delivery of food boxes to seniors in the area. Delivery is on Tuesdays and Fridays. Call Karen @ 301-777-7600 for assistance.
OVERVIEW: Provides a food pantry, financial and holiday assistance, as well as an after school and summer camp program for the youth.
1) FOOD PANTRY: Offers non-perishable items from in house pantry. Must have photo ID, proof of income.
2) RUMMAGE SALES: Offers gently used clothing and furniture, when available, to individuals and families in need. Rummage sales take place on second Saturday of the month (call for dates) from 9AM-12PM in the rear of the building. Prices are no more than $5 for clothing and household items. Furniture is also sold at deeply discounted rates during the rummage sales.
3) FREE CLOTHING AND FURNITURE: Items can be provided for free to individuals with no means to pay for them. Those in need are able to come any day of the week with a referral from a human service agency or fire/police department to receive assistance.
3) FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Emergency funds available one time per year for fuel, utilities, and rent when funding is available.
4) YOUTH PROGRAMS: Provides after school programs during school year and a day camp in the summer.
5) HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE: Toys and clothes are provided for children 12 years and under. Sign-up for both counties is mid to late September with pick up in mid December. Eligibility for holiday assistance is determined on a case-by-case basis. Call for more information.
CLIENTS MUST BRING: Photo ID, proof of income for entire household, SS cards or birth certificates for entire household, and an itemized list of expenses for the last 30 days. If receiving any type of government Assistance must bring that information as well. Applicants must also provide a list of children's clothing sizes and a list of 3 gift ideas under $50.
7) DONATIONS: Monetary donations, non-perishable food items, gently used clothing and furniture needed. PLEASE call before donating large furniture items.
701 East First Street
Agency: Salvation Army, Allegany County
Languages Available: None.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to the public. Must bring photo ID, proof of income for entire household, SS cards or birth certificates for entire household, and an itemized list of expenses for the last 30 days. If receiving any type of government Assistance must bring that information as well.
- Allegany County
- Garrett County
- Mineral County
- Hampshire County