24-HOUR HOTLINES: 24-hour Crisis Hotlines answered by trained counselors providing support, crisis intervention, post-intervention and information and referral. Counsels callers who are homeless, suicidal, in mental health crises, in need of community information and/or general support. Also provides 24/hour 211MD information and referral resources to residents of Montgomery, Prince George's, Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's Counties. Classes are available in suicide awareness and prevention. SafeTALK (Suicide Alertness for Everyone) and ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) are available for groups of 12 or more. For information contact: 301-864-7095 EX 427.
- General Crisis Hotline: 301-864-7161. Provides crisis intervention, support, information and referral.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Provides crisis intervention for suicidal individuals as well as information for callers concerned about someone with suicidal thoughts.
- Youth Crisis Hotline: 1-800-422-0009. Provides supportive counseling to youths in crisis, including See separate listing.
- Homeless Hotline: 1-888-731-0999 (toll-free) or 301-864-7140. Single point of access for shelter information and placement in Prince George's County. If a couple does not share children they will most likely be placed in separate shelters. Couples with children, single-males with children, and women with boys over the age of 12 will be placed in Family Emergency Shelter. Also assists with youth/runaway shelter placement.
- 2-1-1MD Information & Referral Services: Provides information and referral to a variety of governmental and health & human services and offers supportive listening and crisis intervention.
- PO Box 149
- Hyattsville, MD 20781
Information & Referral:
MD Youth Crisis Hotline:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- General Crisis Line
Agency: Community Crisis Services
Languages Available: Language line services.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Crisis services are open to anyone in need. Shelter services are open to Prince George's County residents with a valid ID or appropriate documentation showing at least 30 days of County residency.