OVERVIEW: Provides general medical services.
1) GENERAL MEDICAL & SURGICAL SERVICES: Provides comprehensive inpatient care in general medicine, cardiology, orthopedics, vascular and general surgery, obstetrics, psychiatry and institute for Human Virology. Obstetrics and psychiatry includes a 24-hour emergency room, ambulatory surgery and outpatient clinics in primary and specialty care.
2) PEDIATRICS: Provides pediatric sick care and well child care including routine check-ups and screenings. Assistas individuals/families with infants to 18 years old. Assists individuals Mon-Fri, 8:30AM-4:30PM. Accepts Medical Assistance and private insurance. If patient does not have insurance, straight fee of $75 payable at the time of visit. Provides assistance to Central Maryland residents(Anne Arundel, Baltimore City/County, Carroll, Harford and Howard).
3)HEALTH SCREENINGS & EDUCATION: Offers free blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, pregnancy and glaucoma screenings. Offers free health education on a range of health topics including CPR renewal class. Individuals cannot be more than 30 days beyond the expiration date. The class cost $35. Call 410-225-2000.
4) PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION: Provides physical occupational and speech therapy services to in-patients and out-patients with physician's referral. Call 410-225-8357.
5) SOCIAL WORK: Provides counseling to patients and families with problems related to illness, assistance with post-hospital planning and coordination of community service referrals. Services are available through clinics and emergency room as needed. Call 410-225-8280.
6) CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY SERVICES: Offers medical stabilization detoxification unit for people over 18, who have medical conditions that put them at risk during detox. If a patient does not meet medical need for services, they will be referred for more appropriate detox care, outpatient & inpatient. Call Mon-Fri, 8:30AM-5PM for phone assessment, 410-225-8626 or 1-800-939-2273.
Urgent Psychiatric Care:
- phone: 410-225-8000
- phone: 410-225-8000
Agency: University of Maryland Medical System
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: All payment methods except sliding fee scale.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to anyone.