OVERVIEW: Provides comprehensive rehabilitation for brain, spinal cord, multi-trauma and orthopedic injuries; stroke; and other neurological disorders.
1) PROVIDER OF SPECIAL SURGERIES: Offers inpatient and outpatient surgery in orthopedics, dentistry, plastic surgery, maxillofacial surgery, and ENT.
2) INPATIENT REHABILITATION: Provides comprehensive rehabilitation for persons with brain, spinal cord, multi-trauma and orthopedic injuries; stroke; and other neurological disorders.
3) OUTPATIENT REHABILITATION: Offers outpatient treatment during the rehabilitation phase.
4) AMBULATORY PRACTICES: Provides evaluation and treatment on an outpatient basis. Services include: amputee; audiology; cleft lip/palate; complimentary medicine; EMG lab, ENT; foot/ankle; hand; multiple sclerosis; neuromuscular (cerebral palsy); orthotic; physical medicine and rehabilitation; scoliosis; spasticity; spina bifida; sports medicine; traumatic brain injury; trauma reconstruction; upper extremity; urology and wound care.
5) SOCIAL WORK: Coordinates and maintains the discharge process to identify patient needs and plan for appropriate after-care service.
6) SUPPORT GROUPS: Offers support groups for amputee, stroke, brain injuries and spinal injuries.
Agency: University of Maryland Medical System
Languages Available: Translators available.
Payment Description: Accepts Medical Assistance (Medicaid/MA), Medicare, insurance, managed care and self pay.
Intake and Eligibility: Clients must be pre-approved for insurance coverage and meet admissions criteria.