OVERVIEW: Offers a family support center with several services.
1) FAMILY COUNSELING: Designed to foster positive growth and understanding for all family members. Counselors and family members work together to implement responsible behavior and appropriate family management skills. Counselors are available if crisis intervention is needed.
2) TUTORING: CARES offers 2 Drop-in tutoring opportunities. Saturday morning 10AM-Noon and Tuesday & Thursday afternoons 3-5PM at the Spring Hill Lake Recreation Center. One-on-one tutoring is also available. Tutoring is conducted by volunteers who work with children ages 5-18 to improve their skills in basic school subjects. Adults may also receive tutoring assistance.
3) GENERAL EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CLASSES (GED): Holds classes to prepare students for the GED exam. There is a registration fee for non-Greenbelt residents. The 10 week course is offered during the Fall, Winter and Spring, during the day.
4) JOB BANK: Teens, ages 10-16, willing to mow lawns, baby sit, shovel snow, or do other odd jobs put their names and phone numbers in the job bank. Greenbelt residents are encouraged to employ these young people when they need work done.
5) ANGER MANAGEMENT GROUPS: Hold groups in the Spring & Fall to teach skills to adults. Fee of $25.
- Answering Service
25 Crescent Road
Agency: Greenbelt Cares Youth and Family Service Bureau
Payment Description: Fees for GED courses are $175. Also see notes.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to the public.
- Greenbelt, Prince Georges County