OVERVIEW: Provides food referrals, emergency transportation and home delivered meals to residents in need.
1) EMERGENCY FOOD: Volunteers retrieve messages from the answering service daily and refer callers to proper agency to receive food in their area.
2) TRANSPORTATION: Provides transportation to doctors' appointments or grocery stores. Call 3 days ahead if possible. This service is provided when no other options are available.
3) HOME DELIVERED MEALS: Delivers meals to residents who are housebound. Limited assistance for emergency situations 24 hour notice if possible.
4) INFORMATION AND REFERRAL: Provides information on and referral to community resources.
Main: Answering Service:
- phone: 301-262-8479
Agency: FISH of Greater Bowie
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Ages 18 and older. Service targets the elderly, disabled, and anyone in need in the greater Bowie area
- Bowie, PRINCE GEORGES County
- Crofton, ANNE ARUNDEL County