OVERVIEW: Provides a 24 hour Hotline and other comprehensive services to survivors of domestic violence, rape, sexual assault or abuse.
1) 24 HOUR HOTLINE: Provides crisis and supportive counseling, crisis intervention, emotional support, information and referral services to domestic violence, rape crisis, and sex trafficing survivors.
2) SHELTER SERVICES: Provides safe accommodations, meals, clothing, and personal supplies as well as supportive counseling, case management, and educational groups. Shelter will accept homeless females with children in an emergency when space allows.
3) SUPPORTIVE SERVICES: Offers assistance to adults and children survivors of domestic violence and sex crimes to help them understand the dynamics surrounding the two.
4) TRAUMA RECOVERY and EMPOWERMENT: Provides a support group for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault abuse to enable them to recognize the history of trauma in their lives, to focus on healing and moving forward.
5) SUPERVISED VISITATION and EXCHANGE PROGRAM: Provides monitored exchange of children and monitored on-site visitation between non-custodial parents and children from families in which there may be safety issues.
6) OUTREACH: Helps broaden services within the community. They provide individual and crisis counseling for survivors of all ages. Frostburg office ONLY, call 301-689-6890 for further information.
7) COURT RELATED SERVICES: Accompaniment is provided to court hearings or procedures such as protection order hearings or filing of criminal charges. Advocacy is provided on behalf of the survivor with professionals in the legal system.
8) ADVOCACY and ACCOMPANIMENT: Assists survivors in securing rights, remedies, and services from other agencies including medical, social services, mental health, and housing.
9.) INFORMATION and REFERRALS: Educates and provides literature to survivors about the dynamics of domestic violence and sex crimes. Also refers survivors to area agencies and organizations to help meet their individual needs.
10) ABUSER INTERVENTION: Offers court ordered or voluntary group treatment for batterers . The program challenges abusers to view their use of violence as a choice, not an uncontrolled reaction to their past, their anger, their addiction, or their lack of skills.
11) COMMUNITY EDUCATION: Provides training and educational programs to the community in order to help change societal views and attitudes. Also provides information about current services and how to prevent victimization of those affected by domestic violence and sex crimes.
12) CELL PHONE PROGRAM: Provides emergency 911 cell phones to survivors as a safety precaution.
Agency: Family Crisis Resource Center
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: Services are free except for the Batterers Education Program which is offered on a sliding fee scale.
Intake and Eligibility: Survivors of rape, incest, sexual abuse, physical abuse, batterers and their children.